HELLO EVERYONE! So, today I’m going to tell you all of my favorite authors (which you probably got from the title). If you’re looking for some new books to read, try looking up their books and reading those! I love reading posts about peoples favorite authors, so I thought I would write one for you guys. Tell me what you think!
- MY NUMBER ONE FAVORITE: J.K. Rowling! She has been such an inspiration to me. When I read Harry Potter, I found a new appreciation for writing. Her writing style is amazing. I actually started writing after I finished the Harry Potter series. I love each and every one of the Harry Potter books. (I own 2 wands and pretty much any Harry Potter thing from Hot Topic…)
- Rick Riordan! I fell in love with the Percy Jackson series just a few months ago. I love his sarcastic writing style (you can probably tell that I love it when authors use sarcasm in their books). I’m not a huge fan of his Hero’s of Olympus series, but Percy Jackson was amazing, so that’s why he made it in my top 2 favorite authors. I did a Book Review post on the Percy Jackson series, so you can check that out HERE.
- Suzanne Collins! If you’re keeping up with my recent blog posts, you’ll know that I just recently discovered my love for The Hunger Games. If you haven’t read that blog post yet, check it out HERE. Suzanne Collins is an excellent writer. I love first person books (The Hunger Games is first person). Collins was amazing with character development – take Effie Trinket for instance. In the first books, she was bubbly and loved the games. But in the second, she was a little more mellow, and she was sad about the games. That is just one example of her character development.
- C.S. Lewis. The Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favorite books! I expected his writing to be a lot like J.R.R. Tolkien. But, I was pleasantly surprised. I’m not a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien (I know, I’m sorry). So, when I liked his writing a lot better, I was really excited. I actually really liked his books! He is definitely in my top 5. I love the idea of Narnia. He was amazing at coming up with a whole new world. I know, as a writer, it’s not easy coming up with a new world. But C.S. Lewis made it seem almost effortless!
- Here is one that’s not as popular… Elizabeth Enright! She is popular, but not as popular as the others I mentioned. Have you heard of her? Let me know in the comments. Anyway, she is best known for her books “Gone Away Lake” and “Thimble Summer”, and both of them are two of my favorites. She was born in 1907 and died in 1968. I was really surprised, because you wouldn’t know it by reading her books. Her writing style feels modern and I was surprised that the books were written so long ago. I seriously thought she was a 21st century author. I WAS WRONG. Anyway, her writing is wonderful. If you haven’t read her books, GO READ THEM RIGHT NOW.
- Edward Eager! AGAIN, an author from back then that I had no clue was from then (that sentence was worded terribly, my apologies). Edward Eager was most famous for his book “Half Magic” and it is one of my favorites. His idea and plot are great! It’s more of a kids book (maybe ages 8-12?), but I still like it. I’ve probably read it 10 times. OKAY. SO, SOMETHING AMAZING JUST HAPPENED. I just looked him up, and found that there are 6 BOOKS IN THE HALF MAGIC SERIES. WHAT? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?! You know that amazing feeling when you find out that there is A SEQUEL TO ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS? It’s like the feeling of utter happiness.
- Beth Hilgartner. Another not as famous one. I mainly like her because of her book “A Murder for Her Majesty”. A great piece of historical fiction. She has written a few other books, but I haven’t read them. If they are anything like “A Murder for Her Majesty”, then they are amazing. I’m not a big fan of historical fiction, so the reason I included her was because she wrote a historical fiction book that I actually liked.
- Finally, last but not least, Hannah Heath! Hannah is actually a friend of mine, and has written a published short story. She is truly an amazing writer and blogger. Check out her blog HERE. Her short story “Skies of Dripping Gold” is WONDERFUL. Go check it out (I’m sure she has a link to buy it on her blog). Her and another friend of mine (S.M. Metzler, go check out her blog HERE) were the ones that inspired me to start this blog! So hats off to both of them!
Well, that’s the end of the list! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! I love having readers just like YOU (yes, I’m talking to you, person on the internet who happens to read my posts). You guys literally INSPIRE me to write. I write for YOU! (so consider yourself special). And yes, I realize I’m using a lot of CAPITALS (because they are fun and get the point across).
I LOVE responding to your comments! It literally makes my whole entire day amazing because you commented. Seriously, it makes me insanely happy. Whenever I get a comment, my first thought is “AWWWW THEY CARE ABOUT ME”. So, if that doesn’t give you a reason to comment, I don’t know what will. Who are YOUR favorite authors??? I seriously want to know! Remember, you all are truly WONDERFUL! Have an amazing day!!!!