So, I know, it’s February, and the title says January…but I really don’t care. I was supposed to answer these questions about my book in January, but I didn’t even find out about WIPjoy until February. I’m a little late to the party. But, late is better then never! Right?!
For those of you who don’t know what WIPjoy is… it is basically authors answering questions about their book on Twitter. I know my blog isn’t Twitter (obviously), but my wonderful friend S.M. Metzler did a blog post with all the questions. AND SHE TAGGED ME! Check out her AWESOME blog HERE. So, today I will be answering some of the questions. Ready? Here we go!
Alright, now that you’ve seen all the questions, I’ll answer some of them! I’m not going to answer all of them, because that would be a ridiculously long blog post. Oh, and by the way, DO YOU GUYS LIKE MY TITLE? Peyton Price – The First Battle. WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU LIKE IT? I hope you do!!! Please comment and let me know what you think!
1. Introduce your WIP! I don’t want to give a lot away, so I don’t really know how to do this… but I’ll try.
When Peyton Price is in a life threatening accident, she hurts her head. She starts having weird dreams, and she assumes she’s going crazy. But when the nurse “kidnaps” her, and takes her to a secret agency, she begins to understand. Peyton must fight her way through monsters, and something even scarier too. Much scarier.
Did that make any sense? I really don’t know. I hope it did. I know it’s pretty short, but I didn’t want to give anything away. Guess you’ll just have to read my book once I publish it.
5. How easy is your WIP to write? Well, since this was my NaNoWriMo novel, I got it done fairly quickly (29 days to be exact). It was pretty hard, because I was busy trying to do 8th grade at the same time. But somehow I managed it. And I didn’t do much planning before NaNo. I just sort of…wrote. Ideas came to my as I wrote, and I actually came up with a pretty good story.
6. Which character is hardest to write? Camden. Definitely Camden. She has been an Agent since she was little, and she seems pretty tough when her and Peyton first meet. But, throughout the book, she begins to soften up. I guess Peyton just rubbed off on her. It was hard to slowly transition from her rough side to her softer side… if that makes sense.
8. Tell us about you protagonist’s best friend. That would be George Diem. He’s SUPER cool. And REALLY funny. He is definitely my favorite character (I’m sorry, my other characters). Once you read the book, I hope you guys love him as much as I do. Because he’s AWESOME AND DESERVES SOME LOVE. (I’m not crazy, I promise).
21. I’m most impatient to hear readers reactions to… YOU SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WOULD ANSWER THAT?! NO. You’ll have to read the book and find out!!! *EVIL LAUGHTER* I’ll give you a hint though. It’s a….. PLOT TWIST! Literally, I am so evil.
22. (from Peyton’s perspective) Describe yourself in 5 words. Sarcastic. Sassy. Smart. Single. Sixteen.
29. How long do you expect to be working on this WIP? Well, I’ve already finished writing it. I’ve sent it to the editor. And I’m working on using CreateSpace to indie publish it. So, all of you can read it soon! I promise I’ll let you know when it comes out!
If there are any questions that I did not get to, that you want an answer to, PLEASE let me know! I would be happy to answer them for you, if I can without giving too much away.
NOW THAT WE’RE DONE WITH QUESTIONS…. ONTO THE TAGGING! I am tagging:
- Paper Fury (Cait, you’re amazing)
- You Write Fiction (Nate, you’re awesome)
- Joy’s My Middle Name (Anna, you’re super duper cool)
YAY! Cait, Anna, and Nate, I LOOK UP TO ALL OF YOU! Thanks for being an inspiration to me! Anyone else who would like to do this, CONSIDER YOURSELF TAGGED! I would LOVE to read your posts, so make sure to let me know about them once they’re up!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post! And I also hope that it made you want to read my book! HAVE A BLESSED DAY MY BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS! (we can be BEST FRIENDS if you click the follow and like buttons…)